Krishi VaartaKrishi Jaagran
Farmers Can Earn Lakhs through This Government Scheme; Details Inside
Farmers play an important role in the growth and development of the country's economy. But the sad part is that half of the farmer's population are still fighting against poverty, harsh weather challenges and water scarcity. Considering these problems, the central government had started the PM kusum scheme (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evemUtthanMahabhiyan) to eradicate water problems from farm lands across remote areas through solar pumps. The central government has launched this scheme not only to eradicate water problems but also to increase the income of farmers. The Central Government has recently shifted PM Kusum Yojana under the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan. How PM-KUSUM Helps Farmers? This scheme helps farmers to put solar panels on barren land. Through solar panels, farmers can generate electricity themselves to irrigate their fields. Apart from this, they can also earn by selling additional power. In this scheme, farmers have to charge only 10% of the total cost. The remaining 90 percent subsidy will be provided by the government in the farmers' account. Produce electricity from solar panel Farmers use electric or diesel-powered motor pumps to irrigate fields. If farmers do not use motor pumps, their crop may get destroyed if there is not enough rain. The electricity which is available to the farmers by installing solar panels can be used to run motor pumps. Hence, this will save expenses on electricity and diesel. How you can earn from selling electricity Once the solar panel is installed, it works for 25 years. In this, electricity is produced through sunlight. The power from the solar panel can be used by the farmers for running their motor pumps and other needs, if more power is produced, they can also sell it to the Electricity Distribution Company (DISCOM). This can lead to significant income for the farmers. Source: Krishi jagran, 10 August 2020, If you feel this information is useful to you, like and share it with your friends.
Related Articles