AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
12 May 19, 06:00 PM
Animal HusbandryGaon Connection
Save animals from heat wave during summer
In summer, animal keepers need to take extra care of the animals. At this time, animals may get affected by excessive hot temperature and heat wave. Due to the heat wave, the skin of animals shrinks and milk production may decrease in milch animals. Animal keepers can save animals by getting them treated at the right time. If the animal is in serious condition then go to the vet immediately.
When the animal is affected by the heat wave, it suffers from 106 to 108 degrees high fever. The animal becomes sluggish and does not show interest in eating. Its tongue comes out of the mouth, and it faces difficulty in breathing. There is foam around its mouth.
● In this season, animals seem to be thirsty often. Give water to the animals at least three times a day so that their body temperature is controlled.
● Apart from this, some amount of salt and flour should be mixed in the water and given to drink.
● There should be proper ventilation in the cattle shed for inflow of pure air.
● In summer, cattle should be bathed, especially buffaloes should be bathed with cold water.
● Animals should be given sufficient quantity of cold water to drink.
● Animals should not be kept under a tin or a low height roof.
● Give the green fodder to the animals. Green and nutritious fodder provides more energy and it contains 70-90 percent water, which helps to maintain the water level in their body from time to time.
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.