AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
28 Jul 19, 06:30 PM
Animal HusbandryKrishi Jaagran
Prepare Balanced Nutrition for your Cattle at Home
Balanced diet plays an important role in cattle health as it increases the ability to produce milk and keeps them healthy. Making a nutrient-rich diet is not a complex task and can be easily done at home. Read below to find out how to prepare a balanced diet for your cattle at home.
Method for preparing a 100 kg balanced diet:
• Cereals (maize, barley, wheat, millet) should be about 35% in quantity
• Approximately 32 kg of mustard (mustard peel, peanut oil) should be blended with cereals
• Approximately 35 kg of bran (wheat, gram, pulses, rice bran)
• Mineral salt content up to 2 kg, salt 1 kg
The above materials should be mixed and can be fed to the cattle.
Quantity of balanced diet for consumption:
• Feed 1.5 kg to cow and 2 kg to buffalo daily
• Milch cow should be provided 400 gm feed per 1 litre of milk and buffalo 500 gm more grain per 1 litre of milk
• A balanced feed of approximately 1 to 1.5 kg should be given to pregnant cow or buffalo every day for the next six months
• For calves, 1 kg to 2.5 kg of balanced nutrition should be provided daily, depending on the cattle’s age and weight
Source: Krishi Jagran
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.