AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
12 Oct 19, 06:30 PM
Organic FarmingShetkari masik
Organic Control of Fruit Borer
The infestation of this pest occurs in crops such as tomato, brinjal, okra, peas, etc. Infection caused by fruit borer contributes to major economic losses for farmers. Therefore, these pests should be controlled at the right time.
1. In order to control pests, maize, cowpea should be planted as a trap crop with the main crop.
2. In the tomato crop, two rows of marigold should be planted between 14-15 crop rows. Sowing of the marigold crop should be done 15 days before planting the tomato crop.
3. 40-45 days after planting, insects of Trichogramma chilonis should be left in the fields 40-45 thousand per acre. As these insects lay eggs which destroys the fruit borer's eggs.
4. Neem Ark extract 5% should be sprayed to control the fruit borer.
5. 5-6 pheromone traps per acre should be installed in the field
6. Infected fruit should be removed and destroyed.
Source: Shetkari masik
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.