AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
04 Aug 19, 06:30 PM
Nutrition in Calves is Highly Significant
The success of any dairy farm relies entirely on the good management of its calves. Better nutrition in the early lives of calves is essential for fast development and early maturation. Inappropriate nutrition in calves can contribute to delayed pregnancy and decrease in milk productivity.
Important facts about the diet of calves:
• Colostrum should be fed within half an hour of the birth of the calves
• Feed 10% milk to the calves as per their weight for two months
• Feed good quality of calf’s starter from the second week of birth
• Various types of deworming medications should be given each month
• Provide milk replacer (substitute) to calves
• If milk is fed individually, mix it with antibiotic powder
• Feed good quality dry grass to calves
• Vaccination should be performed on time
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.