AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
11 Feb 19, 10:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Mango Hopper Management
• The first spray should be given at the time of panicle formation; if the incidence of the pest is more than 5 hoppers per panicle, then give Imidacloprid 17.8 SL @ 0.3 ml/litre of water.
• The second spray of Thiamethoxam 25% WG @ 0.2 g or Acephate 75 SP @ 1.5 g per litre of water should be given after fruit set.
• Give a third spray of Carbaryl 50 WP @ 3 g per litre of water before the maturity of the mango. Synthetic pyrethroids should not be sprayed in mango as they are harmful to human health.
• Do not spray chemicals when 50% of the flowering occurs in the orchard, as pollination gets affected; this will disturb the fruit setting and the yield.
• Field sanitation and regular ploughing, removal of unwanted plants in and around the orchard should be mandatory.
• Avoid dense plantations to reduce the hopper population.
AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence