AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
01 Sep 19, 06:30 PM
Important things to consider about Animal Husbandry in September
• Due to good monsoon, there is a strong possibility of diseases due to water logging problem in the cattle shed; hence, proper management of rainwater drainage should be taken care of.
• Keep the cattle in a dry and elevated place.
• Store the fodder properly in a dry and elevated place.
• Take special care of the cleanliness of the cattle shed. Spray lime solution on the floor and walls from time-to-time.
• Pay attention and take special measures to protect cattle from atmospheric temperature fluctuations.
• Protect animals from parasites. When cattle enters heat, 12 to 18 hours Artificial Insemination should be given.
• To avoid problems related to excessive consumption of animals due to the multi-availability of green fodder in this season, do not send animals outside to graze in the open. Give mineral mixture with the feed.
• Mix and feed dry fodder with green fodder.
• In this month, shear the wool of sheep.
Source: NDDB And FAO
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.