AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
30 Mar 19, 06:00 PM
Organic FarmingAgriculture for Everybody
Dashparni Extract: Preparation and Storage Method
Dashparni extract is very effective in controlling all kinds of insect pests and diseases prepared using all natural ingredients. It strengthens the plant's overall immunity; it is antiviral and antifungal. The farmers can prepare the solution in-house.
• Crush following plant parts in a 500 litre drum
• Neem leaves– 5 kg
• Jatropa leaves
• Papaya-2 kg
• Heart-leaved moonseed leaves- 2kg
• Custard apple leaves-2 kg, Karanja leaves-2 kg, Castor leaves- 2 kg
• Nerium leaves-2 kg
• Aak leaves-2 kg
• Green chili paste-2 kg
• Garlic paste-250 g
• Cow dung-3 kg, Cow urine-5 litre, Water-200 litre
Method of Preparation
• Take a 200 litre vessel (either plastic drum or similar ones)
• Pour the Water first
• Submerge all the 10 different leaves in the water
• Pour the Cow Urine and Cow Dung on top of the submerged leaves
• Mix them well and and leave it for 5 days
• On the Sixth Day, add 5-7 litre of water and again mix all the contents in the vessel
• Leave the same as it is for a month
• The Dashparni Ark is ready to use after filtering it
Method of Storage
• The pesticide should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution.
• This is applicable during the preparation as well as during the shelf life of the pesticide.
• The extract can be stored up to six months and is sufficient for one acre.
• The pesticide can be stored for four months in good condition.
How to use the Pesticide?
Spray System - The pesticide can be applied as a foliar spray.
• Dilute 125 ml of the pesticide with 10 litre of water or
• Dilute 2.5 litre of the pesticide with 200 litre of water for one acre
Source: Agriculture for every body
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.